Gideon rose to his feet, his gaze land on the hellion stomping its room towards his companions, Gideon ’ s own blood inactive dripping from its claw. Squaring his shoulders he brought the indent shield to his breast and roared a challenge, magic lacing his words. The satan ’ s head whipped around as it felt the magic take hold, turning in clock to see Gideon running towards it, his sword raised and glowing with golden energy .
What is Compelled Duel?
Compelled Duel is a first level enchantment spell exclusive to Paladins, that requires a bonus action and vocal component to cast. When you cast the spell a creature that you can see within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving hold. On a failed save the creature has disadvantage on attacks against creatures other than you, and must make a Wisdom saving hold to move more than 30 feet away from you, being able to ignore that movement restriction for one turn if it succeeds on that saving throw .
Is Compelled Duel a good spell?
absolutely, when playing a tank character the ability to incentivize a giant to focus on you preferably than your allies is invaluable, the add movement restriction is a fat bonus. The spell being a bonus action to cast means that you can still get your convention fire act in, potentially adding a Divine Smite or two as you see fit, whilst the duration being a infinitesimal means that it can last throughout most combats. can, because it, unfortunately, requires assiduity and you ’ re pointing the monster ’ s attacks correct at your concentrating attic.
The concentration restriction makes this enchantment slightly less appealing in earlier levels, but once a Paladin hits 6th flush and acquires their Aura of Protection sport maintaining concentration becomes significantly easier, if not superficial.
Read more : Top 10 phi hành gia mới nhất năm 2022
How can you get Compelled Duel?
Unlike some other spells we ’ ve covered, the number of ways to grab Compelled Duel is extremely shortstop, because of this we are including two methods ( marked with * ) that we would not normally include. This is because they are identical setting specific options that can prove controversial with DMs :
- Paladin – The only class with CD on their spell list makes them an easy and essential part of this list.
- Oath of the Crown (Subclass) – This Paladin subclass has Compelled Duel as an Oath Spell, meaning that it is always prepared for you, freeing up your other spell choices. It’s also worth noting that this Paladin also has a Channel Divinity option that is similar in purpose to Compelled Duel.
- Magical Secrets (Bard Class Feature) – This feature allows you to choose any spell you like and make it a Bard spell for you. This is a Tier 3 ability for most Bards, but the College of Lore gains additional choices at 6th level if you want earlier access.
- Mark of the Sentinel (Human Variant)* – This race variant from Eberron: Rising from the Last War adds Compelled Duel, among other things, to your spell list if you have the Spellcasting or Pact Magic feature.
- Gruul Anarch (Background)* – This background from Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica adds Compelled Duel to your spell list, if you have one, in the same way the above race variant does.
hopefully, you found this article compel and enlightening. if you ’ rhenium matter to in reading about other spells check out our spells section, or if you ’ re here preparing for your future Paladin then check out our Paladin guide. good fortune out there adventurers, and remember, the count of paces you walk in a duel is always one less than the other guy .