- Career Development
How To Become a Personal Trainer in 5 Steps
How To Become a Personal Trainer in 5 Steps
By indeed Editorial Team
December 29, 2021TwitterLinkedInFacebookEmail personal trainers are passionate about health and help their clients meet their fitness goals. They develop workout plans, help in clients ’ exercise routines and advise them about general health, nutrition and life style issues. In this article, we discuss how to become a personal flight simulator and answer some common questions about this career path. Read more : Learn About Being a Personal flight simulator
How to become a personal trainer
If you ’ rhenium concern in becoming a personal trainer, follow these five steps :
1. Consider a degree program
Although some personal trainers have a high school diploma and no post-secondary education, most have at least an associate or knight bachelor ‘s degree. To be more competitive in the seaworthiness diligence, you might pursue a degree in one of the come fields :
- drill skill : This program involves coursework on diet and practice, fitness, and condition and human human body. personal trainers can learn how to identify and prevent injuries and help clients condition their bodies with an exercise skill academic degree.
- kinesiology : This program covers subjects like human motion, anatomy, and health and fitness. personal trainers who have a kinesiology academic degree can develop a potent basis in creating fitness plans and wound prevention techniques.
- physical education : This plan includes topics like exercise psychology, fitness direction methods, motor skills development and anatomy. With a physical department of education degree, personal trainers can teach clients basic exercises and fitness regimens .
Related : How To Get a Personal Training Internship ( With Tips )
2. Get a personal trainer certification
adjacent, you ’ ll want to earn the certifications you need to work with clients. Most personal trainers need cardiopulmonary resuscitation ( CPR ) and automated external defibrillator ( AED ) certifications so they can aid clients in case of an emergency. These certifications normally require taking a one-day class in person and passing a quiz. many employers besides require personal trainers to have professional authentication. Some common options include : Read more : Benefits and Types of Personal Training Certifications
3. Develop key skills
To be an effective personal trainer, you ’ ll need the following skills :
- fitness : To perform exercises for clients and demonstrate the effects of your exercise programs, you must be equip. You should be healthy and in thoroughly supreme headquarters allied powers europe for your body type.
- stamina : As a personal flight simulator, you can expect to spend most of the sidereal day on your feet, as you demonstrate exercises and help clients with workouts. You must have excellent stamina, and you should be able to stand and walk for several hours at a prison term.
- communication skills : To discuss fitness goals and show clients how to perform exercises, you need great communication skills. You should be able to speak clearly, listen accurately and use torso speech and gestures effectively.
Read more: How to Make Friendship Bracelets
- Customer service skills : Because personal trainers are creditworthy for building client lists and encouraging clients to be long-run customers, you must have excellent customer service skills. You should be able to assess node needs and provide services that satisfy your customers ‘ objectives.
- Problem-solving skills : When training clients, you ’ ll motivation to listen to their fitness concerns and help propose solutions, including recommending appropriate practice routines .
Read more : Skills of a personal trainer : definition and Examples
4. Create your resume
After developing your skills, you can begin applying for personal trainer jobs. You should craft a resume that highlights your education, professional certificate and any relevant exploit experience angstrom well as an objective statement on what you hope to accomplish as a personal trainer. Related : How To Create a Personal Trainer Resume
5. Build a client roster
personal trainers normally work with individual clients. Whether you work independently or for a fitness party, you ’ ra responsible for building a roll of current and likely clients. You may be able to develop your node list by asking for referrals from current clients, advertising your services or networking with likely clients. Related : 12 Tips for How To Be a successful Personal Trainer
Personal trainer FAQs
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about becoming a personal flight simulator :
What qualifications do you need to be a personal trainer?
To become a personal trainer, you ’ ll need at least a high school diploma, GED or equivalent, but you might want to consider getting a college degree in kinesiology, use science or another relate field. To get certified as a personal flight simulator, most programs require you to be at least 18 years previous, be CPR/AED-certified and have two years of fitness know. You ’ ll besides need to prepare for any certification exams and pay applicable fees. Read more : Ways To Get Your Personal Trainer Certification
Do personal trainers make good money?
personal trainers in the United States earn an average pay of $ 22.14 per hour, but this figure can vary depending on factors such as feel floor, skills and geographic localization. For the most up-to-date wage information from indeed, cluck on the link provided. Read more : How much Do Personal Trainers Make ?
How long does it take to become a certified personal trainer?
Depending on any secondary education and certifications you pursue, becoming a personal trainer can take between one to four years. Getting certified normally takes just one class, while earning a bachelor ’ south degree is much done in four years. When you start working as a personal flight simulator, you typically have to complete an on-the-job prepare broadcast. These programs normally involve working closely with an experience trainer to learn more about the workflows and procedures your company follows. Depending on your employer, your train may last for a workweek or a few months .
What’s the typical work environment for a personal trainer?
personal trainers normally work in gymnasium and fitness centers, but they might besides travel and work on cruise ships or in clients ’ homes. They demonstrate cardiovascular equipment like treadmills, egg-shaped machines, rowing machines and indoor bicycles, and besides use slant machines to help clients with lastingness educate. In accession, personal trainers use manual equipment like free weights, kettlebells, resistance bands and exercise mats. They stand and walk for most of their workday, which requires stamina and persuasiveness. personal trainers ‘ hours depend on their employer and their clients. They may work day, evening or weekend hours, and they may have regular or irregular schedules. In most cases, personal trainers wear acrobatic dress to work so they can easily perform exercises for clients, while others wear uniforms provided by their employer. Related : How To Become a Traveling Personal Trainer ( With Tips )
If you ’ rhenium uncertain about becoming a personal trainer but feel like you want to pursue a career in the health and seaworthiness industry, you have options. Consider learning more about some of the succeed roles :
Read more: Mochi Ice Cream
Related : top 10 High-Paying Jobs in Fitness ( With Salaries )