Delicious and creamy, this easy testis salad recipe is perfect for quick and easy lunches throughout the week. Low in carbs and high in protein, it ’ randomness arrant for meal homework !
A classic egg salad sandwich is one of my go-to lunches, and more often than not there is always some in the electric refrigerator. Super immediate and easy to make, it ’ s so easy to grab when lunchtime comes round.
Reading: Egg Salad (Sandwich)
It ’ randomness great excessively if you have little mouths to feed, kids love this classic sandwich filling .
If you have more eggs to use up, be sure to check out my egg casserole and scrambled eggs recipes .
Why you will love this egg salad sandwich recipe!
- Quick and easy: It takes less than 10 minutes to whip up a batch of the best egg salad recipe for sandwiches.
- Make ahead: This is a great recipe for quick lunches throughout the week. Make this egg spread on Sunday and enjoy it as a quick lunch.
- Low carb: This egg sandwich spread is a great low carb option and it’s also high in protein and Omega-3s.
Ingredients for egg salad
- Mayonnaise: I prefer to use a full fat mayonnaise for a rich and creamy texture, but you can use low fat if you prefer.
- Mustard: Dijon mustard adds a great tang to this recipe. You can use wholegrain for a milder taste.
- Lemon juice: Use fresh lemon juice for a zing of flavor.
- Eggs: Use hard boiled eggs. Check out my tips to make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot.
- Celery: Celery adds a great crunchy texture to each bite.
- Green onions: For a mild onion flavor.
- Seasonings: Dill, salt and pepper.
How to make egg salad
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and fresh lemon juice, until smooth.
- Gently fold in the chopped eggs, celery, green onions, and dill. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the sandwiches between two slices of bread with green leaf lettuce, and topped with thinly sliced red onions (optional).
How long does it keep?
once you have made your egg salad, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the electric refrigerator. It will keep well for up to 5 days. Because it contains mayonnaise, don ’ triiodothyronine let the salad seat at room temperature for more than 2 hours .
Can you freeze egg salad?
It ’ randomness best not to freeze this egg mayonnaise salad recipe. testis yolks freeze well, but the egg whites can get very baffling and cartilaginous when freeze, so it ’ s best to avoid this.
For a delicious low-carb lunch, I like to serve this salad in a lettuce envelop with some sliced red onion. It ’ second great served as a sandwich with some solid grain or gluten-free boodle excessively. Use it as an addition to a salad or even use this simple egg salad to top bake potatoes .
TIPS FROM NELI’S KITCHEN
Recipe Notes and Tips
- It’s best to boil the eggs ahead of time so that they are cool enough to handle. Don’t add the eggs hot to the mayonnaise or it could split.
- Try adding in some diced bell pepper for even more veggies!
- Store the egg salad for 5 days in the refrigerator.
More ways to use hard boiled eggs
If you enjoyed this authoritative egg salad, I am certain you will besides love these recipes besides :
Did you make this recipe ?
Use the tag # DeliciousMeetsHealthy when posting a picture of your recipe, and make certain to follow @ deliciousmeetshealthy on Instagram !
Category : How To
Leave a Reply