always wanted to learn how to make a fancy steak dinner at home without a grill ? Learning how to broil steak in the oven is easier than you think and makes for a delicious meal, whether you ’ re having at-home go steady night or hosting friends. Makes 2 Panorama Organic Grass Fed Top Sirloin Steaks ( with the option to add more. )
It ’ mho getting cold in Texas, and I don ’ thymine know about you, but I surely do not want to be outgo time outside if I don ’ t have to. ( be my southernness show with this statement ? I think it is, but I won ’ t take it back. )
Which is why a few years back, I learned how to BROIL STEAK in the oven because I could not be bothered to bundle up, go outside and fire up the grill and grill a nice steak .
so today, I ’ m going to be dropping some cognition about what to do ( and what not to do ) so that you can broil steak in your oven, besides .
Whether or not it ’ south freezing cold where you live, this is a bang-up skill to have in your back pocket. We use it for at-home date nights, adenine well as homegating ( you know, tailgating at home plate ) and “ fondness ” dinner parties with friends, excessively .
Have you seen the other recipes I ’ ve made using Panorama Meats products ? : beef Taco Pasta Salad | Grilled Steak Flatbread Pizza | Homemade Loaded Queso | Texas Chili ( without beans ! ) | Ground Beef Meat Pies | French Onion Steak Pasta
Looking for a side dish that’s perfect along side this broiled steak? Check out my Side Dishes recipe index for inspiration!
Know your ideal temp?
Subscribe to download my PRINTABLE steak temperature guide!
we won’t send you spam. unsubscribe at any time.
Why I’m Using A Panorama Top Sirloin Steak In This Recipe:
As person who has lived in Texas for years, I have a thing about steaks and date nights and precisely savoring their delectability .
The Top Sirloin is a arrant campaigner for broiling in the oven because it ’ sulfur juicy and versatile. It can take the heat, and it can stand on its own, excessively .
The Panorama Meats Top Sirloin Steak is something especial, and it makes this recipe akin to that at a fondness steakhouse, but at home ! ( And as person who has small kids who likes a good date night, but rarely gets out, this makes me so incredibly happy. )
nowadays, it should come as no surprise that I love Panorama Meats and all their products I ’ ve catch my hands on. Every cut of kernel I ’ ve tried has been fabulously flavorful and fat, and my syndicate ADORES it, excessively !
not only are the cattle—which are all born and raised in the USA by family ranchers—100 % grass-fed and grass-finished ( which means they live in a crop and consume grasses, legumes and crop eatage for the duration of their lives ), but the company has fabulously high standards, besides .
Panorama is Global Animal Partnership Animal Welfare Rated Step 4, american samoa well as Certified Organic by CCOF. They besides have a Paleo and Whole30 pigeonhole of approval, besides .
You can find Panorama Meats at your local whole Foods Market. They ’ re sold in 120 stores throughout Northern California, the Pacific Northwest, Florida and the Southwest, including Texas. They ’ re besides sold at Brookshire Brothers in Texas .
Have you tried Panorama Meats products yet?
What you’ll need to make Broiled Steak
- Two 5 oz. Panorama Top Sirloin Steaks
- Small baking sheet with a rim (like a jelly roll pan)
- Aluminum foil
- Instant read meat thermometer
How to broil steak in the oven
Preheat the oven and season the steaks
first and foremost, move the top rack of the oven to be about 4-6 ” away from the broiler. ( You want the exceed of the steak to be at least 2-3″ away from the broiler. )
And then fire up the broiler ! Every oven is different, but mine tells me it heats up to 550°F, so precisely know that you want your oven screaming hot to accomplish this cook .
adjacent, line a sail pan with sides with a patch of aluminum foil. While this international relations and security network ’ t 100 % necessary for the fudge process, I find it makes the clean up significantly easier. Set this apart for a moment .
After that, you ’ ll take the Panorama Meats Top Sirloin Steaks out of their packaging. Pat them dry with a paper towel so there ’ s not any extra moisture. ( extra moisture will cause pot ! )
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. As a rule of ovolo, I use 1 teaspoon of salt per pound of steak. These crown Sirloins are 5 oz. a piece, indeed use a little less than ½ teaspoon of salt on each, making surely to season all sides. Crack some black pepper on top of the steak, excessively .
Broil the steak
When the steak has been seasoned and the broiler is going, place your steaks on the train broil plane, and transfer it into the oven .
Broil the steaks for 4 minutes, then remove them from the oven. Flip the steaks using your tongs, and transfer it back to the oven to broil for another 3 minutes .
Once it ’ second cooked for a total of 7 minutes, use your instantaneous read kernel thermometer to take the steaks ’ temperature. To do this, stick the thermometer ’ second tip off into the in-between of the thickest steak, careful not to push through to the early side of the steak, and let it calculate the internal temperature. Don ’ triiodothyronine do this by eye—let technology help you !
When the temperature is within 5 degrees of the final temp you desire, remove it from the oven, and transfer the steaks to a plate. Cover it with a part of thwart, and let it rest for 5-10 minutes .
The steak will continue to cook after it comes out of the oven, which is why you should remove it when it ’ second within 5 degrees of your desire temperature. And we transfer it to a plate so that the cook action slows down. ( If they stay on the blistering pan that ’ mho been under the broiler, they might overcook. I learned this lesson the hard way, folks, so don ’ thymine do this. )
After the steaks have rested for 5-10 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute, place it on a cutting board and slit flimsy .
Serve with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy immediately !
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips and Tricks
Broiled Steaks are one of my front-runner dishes to serve to friends for a fancier “ dinner party ” situation because they ’ ra fabulously easy to make. The entirely problem with them—and it ’ s not truly a problem—is that you have to cook them while your guests are at your home .
here are a few tips and tricks for whipping up these broiled steaks in no time flat :
- If you’re serving a crowd, use a larger baking sheet to cook all the steaks at the same time. Give the steaks a little room on either side so they can all cook evenly, and check the temperature of each before you remove them from the oven, too.
- Choose side dishes that can be made ahead of time. Our go-to sides for steak are green beans and mashed potatoes. If you’re hosting people (or having a date night at home), pre-make the side dishes so that the only thing that needs cooking are the steaks.
- Make a compound butter… or use a slice of salted butter. I love how Panorama’s Top Sirloin tastes, so I don’t think it needs anything extra, but if you’re feeling fancy, you can make a compound butter or add a little bit of butter to the steak once you’ve taken it out of the oven. Add a dollop of the butter to the top of the steak once it’s on a plate, ready to be sliced.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know When My Steaks Are Cooked Properly?
Everyone likes their steak cooked a little different depending on their personal tastes. ( I used to request a Medium Well steak, but I ’ ll happily eat Medium Rare now. )
Whichever temperature you choose is A-OK, therefore long as you remember that your steak ’ s inner temperature will hit the coveted temperature while it rests, not while it ’ sulfur cook. ( If it hits the internal temp while it ’ randomness cook, the steak will overcook on you. Lessons learned, friends. )
- RARE steak has a cool, red center and will reach the temperature of 125°F.
- MEDIUM RARE steak has a warm red center and will reach the temperature of 135°F.
- A MEDIUM steak has a warm pink center and will reach the temperature of 145°F.
- A MEDIUM WELL steak has a slightly pink center (think very slightly) and will reach the temperature of 150°F.
- WELL DONE steak is cooked completely through, meaning there is very little pink left in the middle. It will reach the temperature of 160°F
Remember that the steak will hit the temperature while it ’ randomness perch, so remove it from the broiler about 5-10°F before the coveted temperature .
besides, remember that since Panorama steaks are grass run and grass finished and leaner, they ’ ll cook a little faster than ceremonious steaks .
How do I take my steak’s temperature?
Use a digital kernel thermometer to make your job comfortable. cipher likes guessing when it comes to steak, and guessing incorrectly could lead to overcook kernel, which is the deplorable !
To take your steak ’ south temperature, poke the thermometer ’ s tip into the center of the steak. ideally, you want it to go into the thickest part of the kernel because that ’ s the separate that will take the longest to cook. Be careful not to push it all the room through the other side .
Let the thermometer order you what the temperature is, and then transfer the steak to a plate and cover if it ’ mho within 5-10 degrees of your ideal temperature or pop it back into the broiler for a little more time if you want it more cook through .
How Do I Store Leftover Steak?
Store the steak in a food safe storage container in the electric refrigerator if there is any leave. I tend to pre-slice my steaks before serving them, so whenever I have leftovers, I let them come to room temperature rather of nuking them in the microwave .
If you have a solid steak leftover that hasn ’ triiodothyronine been sliced, leave it that direction ! You can give it a quick parch in a frying pan with a little bit of butter or avocado oil to heat it up the adjacent day .
What should I NOT do while broiling steak?
Do NOT add butter or any petroleum to the baking sheet pan while you ’ re broiling the steak. I ’ ve made this mistake a few times, and my integral house was filled with smoke after .
The broiler runs ace hot, and the smoke detail of many fats are lower than that .
The steak doesn ’ thyroxine need butter to taste good, but if you ’ rhenium impression decadent, you can always add a dollop after it ’ s out of the oven .
Quick tips for making Broiled Steaks
- Double or triple the recipe for a dinner party! Use a larger sheet pan, and cook all the steaks at the same time. Just be sure to take each steak’s temperature before removing them all from the broiler.
- Store leftover steak in a food-safe container in the refrigerator.
- Let leftover sliced steak come to room temperature before eating it. Heating it in the microwave will make it tough.
- Have a whole (unsliced) steak leftover? Store it whole, and sear it in a skillet the next day with a little butter or oil.
PERFECT steak every meter. No steakhouse required. Subscribe to receive a printable Steak Temperature Guide!
Built with ConvertKit
More steak recipes you want to try…
Continue to Content
2-5 oz. steaks
How to Broil Steak in the Oven
homework time :
cook time :
Resting time :
sum time :
always wanted to learn how to make a illusion steak dinner at home without a grillroom ? Learning how to broil steak in the oven is easier than you think and makes for a delightful meal, whether you ‘re having at-home date night or hosting friends .
- 10 oz. Panorama Grass Fed Grass Finished Top Sirloin Steaks (the package will contain TWO steaks)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, optional
- BEFORE you fire up the broiler, place the rack 4-6” from the broiler/top of the oven. (The closer it is, the faster the steak will cook and the more caramelized it will get. I’ve found that we like it better closer to the broiler because it gives it more flavor, as well as cooks faster. BUT you want the steak to be at least 2.5-3″ away from the broiler, as any closer could cause some flare ups.)
- Preheat the broiler. It should be around 550°F.
- Line a small baking sheet with sides with aluminum foil.
- Season your steaks with salt and pepper, and place it in the oven.
- Broil for 4 minutes, and then flip using tongs.
- Broil for 3 minutes to cook the other side. Take the internal temperature of the steaks. Be sure to remove the steaks when they are within 5 degrees of your ideal internal temperature. It will continue to cook when you remove it from the oven.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a plate.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5-10 minutes. This is important to redistribute the juices of the steak. If you cut it too early, all the juices will run out!
- Once the steaks have rested, slice it and serve with your favorite sides for an at-home steak dinner!
What temperature should my steak be?
- Rare (cool red center: 125°F
- Medium rare (warm red center): 135°F
- Medium (warm pink center): 145°F
- Medium well (light pink center): 150°F
- Well done (cooked entirely through): 160°F
Please bill that the steak will continue cook after it comes out of the broiler, then remove it when the temperature is within 5 degrees of your ideal temperature.
How do I take my steak’s temperature?
Use a digital kernel thermometer to make your job easy. cipher likes guessing when it comes to steak, and guessing falsely could lead to overcook kernel, which is the deplorable !
To take your steak ’ s temperature, poke the thermometer ’ sulfur peak into the concentrate of the steak. Be careful not to push it all the way through the other side.
Let the thermometer distinguish you what the temperature is, and then transfer the steak to a home plate and cover if it ’ second within 5-10 degrees of your ideal temperature or pop it back into the broiler for a little more clock if you want it more cook through .
Amount Per Serving:
Read more: Microwave Scrambled Eggs
nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate .
How much did you love this recipe?
Follow me on Instagram for more subject, and share a photograph of your creation with the hashtag # speckledpalate !
Category : How To
Leave a Reply