A disavowal before we get started : This is not fiscal advice. Although I will try my best to provide detail and easy-to-follow instructions, please be mindful that making a wrong be active can mean you lose your coins in internet — and I can not take responsibility for that ! As one Redditor notes, sending coins to a wrong or ill-sorted address is “ the digital equivalent of dropping cash out of your pocket on the street and having a random person pick it up about instantaneously. ” furthermore, despite the fact that in equitable two months SafeMoon has appreciated more than the S & P 500 has over the final ten, there is no guarantee that these gains will continue moving forward. I would advise that you don ’ triiodothyronine invest money you aren ’ metric ton volition to lose. here is a sawed-off version of the steps we ’ ll lease ( a more detailed explanation of the specifics will follow ) :
- Acquire Ethereum (ETH)
- Create an account on crypto exchange Binance.us
- Transfer ETH to Binance.us
- On Binance.us: convert ETH to Binance Coin (BNB)
- Download/create an account on the MetaMask crypto wallet
- Set up Binance Smart Chain compatibility in MetaMask
- Add SafeMoon functionality to MetaMask
- Send BNB from Binance.us to MetaMask
- Use PancakeSwap app/website to exchange BNB for SafeMoon
- SafeMoon will appear in your MetaMask wallet
Before we get started, here are a few noteworthy points :
- This how-to guide is for users in the United States.
- Binance.us (more on this service below) takes a day or two to verify your identity – this is because the United States practices more-stringent Know Your Customer (KYC) laws than many other countries.
- Binance.us versus Binance.com: while this is not recommended, people familiar with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) can set their location to a country that permits the use of Binance.com. Binance.com, as opposed to Binance.us, allows traders to use the service right away without inputting much personal information. (Remember: Binance.com and Binance.us are different platforms that require separate login/account details – check the URL to make sure you’re on the desired platform).
- Cryptocurrency trading often comes with associated fees, so make sure you take that into account and give yourself some padding. For this experiment, I started out with ~$275 in ETH and ended up with just under $250 worth of SafeMoon.
- You will be creating several different accounts and wallets: Make sure to write down your usernames, passwords, and seed phrases and keep them somewhere safe.
- While I’ll explain the basics, if you’re unsure about any of the terms or phrases in this guide, Bitcoin Wiki is a great resource. You can also click any hyperlinks for more detailed explanations of some of the more complicated steps.
- Be careful and take your time: You can also consult the SafeMoon website, Reddit, or even Google.
How to acquire SafeMoonGetty Images CRYPTO-SAVVY is an occasional series from Inverse that explains the world of cryptocurrency and where it’s going next.
Steps: how to acquire SafeMoon
To start the serve of acquiring SafeMoon, you ‘ll need a cryptocurrency wallet that contains Ethereum. If you do n’t have ETH, I recommend using Coinbase.com. With Coinbase, you can create an account and, after verifying your identity, connect a debit card/bank account to buy the coins effortlessly. step by step guidebook : 1. Acquire some Ethereum ( as noted above ) or convert another mint to Ethereum. I had some Bitcoin holdings in my blockchain.com wallet and converted some BTC to ETH in minutes. 2. Create an account on Binance.us and verify your identity. once verified, Binance.us allows you to buy, sell, swap, and store a variety of coins. 3. Transfer some ETH ( as noted, I used about ~ $ 275 worth ) from your ETH wallet to your newly created Binance.us wallet. To do this, you ’ ll copy your Binance.us wallet address ( “ to ” ) and paste it into the wallet that contains your Ethereum ( “ from ” ). The transfer should merely take a few minutes. Binance.us offers more detailed instructions on how to deposit cryptocurrency into their platform here. 4. once you have the ETH in your Binance.us wallet, “ Convert ” the ETH into the exchange ’ s native cryptocurrency Binance Coin ( BNB ). We ’ ra using BNB ( on the Binance Smart Chain ) to buy our SafeMoon because the consort transaction fees are a lot lower than Ethereum ’ mho transaction fees. 5. The adjacent element of the procedure is to download the MetaMask crypto wallet app on io or Android. To make things smoother, I suggest you download the MetaMask browser extension for Google Chrome and sync it with the app. 6. next, we have to set up Binance Smart Chain compatibility in MetaMask. In the app ( or browser reference ), snap “ Settings ” > “ Networks ” > “ Add Network ” and input the trace : Network Name: Smart Chain RPC URL: hypertext transfer protocol : //bsc-dataseed.binance.org/ Chain ID: 56 Symbol: BNB Block Explorer URL: hypertext transfer protocol : //bscscan.com
It will look like this : 7. Click either “ Save ” or “ Add. ” The Binance Smart Chain will now be compatible with MetaMask. 8. Go binding to the MetaMask app ‘s home screen, and at the top, pawl where it reads “ Wallet – Ethereum Main Network. ” Scroll down and choose “ Smart Chain. ” It should now read “ Wallet – Smart Chain ” at the exceed of the screen, and the units will no long be denominated in ETH but in BNB. For more detail instructions on connecting MetaMask to the Binance Smart Chain, you can find Binance ’ s instructions here. Below are two screenshots : before on the “ Ethereum Main Network ” ( on the left ) and after on the “ Smart Chain ” network ( on the right field ) . The “ Ethereum Main Network ” ( on the left field ) and the “ Smart Chain ” network ( on the right ). 9. immediately we have Binance Smart Chain compatibility with MetaMask, we ’ ra going to add SafeMoon functionality. At the penetrate of the main blind chatter “ Add Tokens ” and enter the following in the “ Token Address ” field : 0x8076c74c5e3f5852037f31ff0093eeb8c8add8d3 After inputting this “ Token Address, ” the “ Token Symbol ” should then auto-fill to “ SAFEMOON, ” and “ Tokens of Precision ” should auto-fill to read “ 9. ” It will look like this : Click “ Add token. ” On the MetaMask main screen door, you should now see 0 SafeMoon following to your 0 BNB. 10. Copy the address of your MetaMask wallet ( the address will start with “ 0x ” ) and return to Binance.us. Go to your wallet Binance.us wallet, suction stop “ Withdraw, ” paste your MetaMask wallet address in where it reads “ Recipient ’ s BNB Address, ” and transfer your BNB. The process will take a few minutes as it needs to be verified ; soon, the BNB will appear in your MetaMask wallet. 11. We ‘re about there ! Next, go to the PancakeSwap web site /app, and in the top right corner, cluck “ Connect ” and select your MetaMask wallet. In “ from ” make certain BNB is selected ( you should see your BNB counterweight ) and click “ MAX. ” In “ to ” search for and then select “ SAFEMOON. ” now go to Settings ( click the slider bar ) and change the “ Slippage tolerance ” to 12 percentage then stopping point the box . At this phase, your PancakeSwap screen should look something like the follow screenshot ( except you will have a larger BNB counterweight where mine reads 0.00578943 and you won ’ metric ton ( even ! ) have a SafeMoon balance where mine reads 41,453,300 ) : 12. Click “ Swap. ” You ’ ll have to wait 10-20 minutes for the network to verify the transaction, and then your new SafeMoon should appear in your MetaMask wallet ( along with a small come of BNB for transaction fees in the future ) ! here ’ randomness what mine looks like :
13. now you have your SafeMoon in your possession and safely secured in your MetaMask wallet ! Use CoinMarketCap to check the ( quickly ) fluctuating price of the digital asset. possibly you might decide to sell for a net income, or possibly, like me, you intend to “ hodl ” until it reaches the moon !SafeMoon: hodl until it reaches the moon!ShutterStock
Category : How To
Leave a Reply