home cooked cancer legs couldn ’ t get any easier so you can enjoy a crab feast at home for much less than you would pay to dine out. Watch the video tutorial below and you will crave it until you make it .
This mail may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Did You Know?
Crabs must be sold live or cooked. In most grocery store stores, gripe legs will be sold pre-cooked and either frozen or thawed from freeze. Since most crabs are sold already cooked, the process of “ cooking ” them is in truth easily – you are basically adequately heating them up while maintaining their succulence and natural spirit. Can you guess our front-runner method acting ?
The Best Crab Dipping Sauce:
The combination of butter, garlic and lemon pairs so well with seafood. We used a similar flavor profile with our Broiled Lobster Tails and Baked Salmon .
This doesn ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate get any easier : In a small saucepan melt 4 Tbsp butter then stir in 2 mince garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Stir for just 30 seconds and take off the heating system. Squeeze in 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice .
Take My money ! ! This is going to become your new darling seafood dip. Try it with runt or lobster adjacent .
How to Cook Crab Legs:
We ’ ve covered all of the best ways to cook crabs, from instantaneous pot to steam, grill and flush baking in the oven. If I had to pick a favored, I would go with Instant Pot crab branch when cook for 2 because it is sol fast, and steamed gripe when feeding a larger crowd .
Instant Pot Crab Legs:
- Place a trivet into a 6 qt Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Add 3-4 clusters of fresh or frozen crab legs per batch folding the legs to fit more in (thawed fit easier than frozen since they are more flexible).
- Close the lid and cook on manual high pressure 4 minutes with quick release. You can repeat with another batch right away using the same water.
Pro Tip: Set up your blink of an eye pot outside or let it vent under the stave hood or your kitchen will be quite fragrant !
Steamed Crab Legs:
rate a steam basket at the bottomland of a big stockpot with 1 cup of water. Add as many crab legs as your potentiometer will accommodate and hush close the lid tightly. Bring the water to a boil then cover and steam cook until fragrant and steaming hot ( about 5 minutes for thawed or 10 minutes for fixed crab peg ) .
Grilled Crab Legs:
Using heavy-duty aluminum foil, create a foil pack for 4 clusters of crab legs. Bring the two ends together in the center, and fold them together twice. then fold the early two ends together twice to seal the foil package. Do not add water to the thwart pack. It will steam cook with the natural moisture from the gripe branch .
Grill over medium/high heat or about 450˚F for 15-20 minutes if frozen or 10 minutes if thawed. It ’ s ready when you see steaming as you open the thwart pack .
Oven-Baked Crab Legs:
Create the same foil pack as in the grill method with 4 crab leg clusters. place on a baking sail and bake on the focus on rack of a preheat oven at 450˚F for 25 minutes for freeze or 15 minutes for dissolve crab legs. They are cook when steaming as you open the foil pack .
Pro Tips for Success:
- Avoid Boiling: We don’t love the boiled crab method because you end up with a watery mess when you crack the legs open and boiling in water tends to dilute the crab meat flavor.
- Cook Until Steaming and Fragrant: In every method, the crab legs are done when they are uniformly steaming and fragrant. If you don’t see hot steam coming off of them, you haven’t cooked them long enough.
- Use a Crab Cracker or a nutcracker. The shells can be tough and sharp, especially at the claw. You can also use good kitchen shears if you don’t have a crab cracker.
- Serve Hot or Cold: the juicy meat is just as tasty cold or hot so don’t worry about serving them still hot.
How to Buy Crab Legs:
All cancer will come either precooked ( sold frozen or thawed from frozen ), or live. Since most crab is sold pre-cooked and fixed, you can stock up when it goes on sale ( it frequently does around Valentine ’ s Day ) and keep freeze for former ). I love to buy them fixed and thaw when I need them for maximum freshness. Thawed crab should be refrigerated and consumed within 1-2 days .
- Snow Crab Legs ($10-$15 /lb) is what we used to make this recipe. Tip: Buy legs attached together as a cluster. The cluster is filled with meat.
- Dungeness Crabs ($8-$12 /lb) will work just as well. Tip: Ask the fish department in your grocery store to help with cleaning/removing the shell to make your life easier).
- King Crab legs ($25+ per pound) are significantly more expensive but very meaty and a real treat.
Seafood Recipes for Special Occasions:
Watch the Crab Legs Video Tutorial:
Let me know which was your favorite method for cooking crab legs in a gloss below. If you enjoyed this video recording, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and make sure to click the bell icon so you can be the first to know when we post a newly video .
How to Cook Crab Legs (4 Easy Ways)
Learn how to make slowly Crab Legs 4 ways ; from the blink of an eye pot to steamer, broil and broil. We love to dip crab meat into the incredible crab dipping sauce .
Cost to Make:
$20-$25 (varies by season)
What You Will Need to Cook Crab:
coke crab legs, ( 4 clusters )
water system, ( for Instant pot or steaming methods )
Ingredients for Crab Dipping Sauce:
garlic cloves, minced or pressed
lemon juice newly squeezed
US Customary – Metric
How to Make Crab Dipping Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan melt 4 Tbsp butter and add 2 mince garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp black capsicum. Stir 30 seconds until fragrant then remove from estrus. Off the heat, hug in 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice. Divide between ramekins to serve .
Instant Pot Crab Legs:
- space a trivet in a 6 qt Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Add 3-4 clusters of fresh or frozen cancer legs per batch folding the legs to fit more in ( thawed are easier to fit than freeze ) .
- close the eyelid, set vent to sealing position and cook on manual high blackmail 4 minutes then switch vent to venting military position and do a agile release* of remaining coerce .
Steamed Cook Crab Legs:
- place cable rack or basket at the bottom of a bombastic stockpot. Add 1 cup of water. Place gripe peg over the rack ( equally many as your batch will accommodate ). Bring the water system to a seethe then cover and steam cook until fragrant and steaming hot ( 5-10 minutes ). Frozen crab louse leg will take longer, thawed crab legs cook faster ) .
Grilled Crab Legs:
- Using heavy-duty aluminum foil, create a foil tamp down with 4 clusters of crab legs. Using a long sail of foil with the crab leg in the center, bring the two ends together and fold them together twice. Fold the early two ends together doubly to seal the foil packet. Do not add water since it will steam cook with the natural moisture from the crab leg .
- Grill over medium/high heat at 450˚F for 15 minutes if frigid or 10 minutes if thawed. Crab legs are ready when you see steaming as you open the foil pack .
Oven-Baked Crab Legs:
- Create the same foil compact of 4 gripe leg clusters. place on a bake sheet and onto the center single-foot of a preheat oven at 450˚F for 25 minutes if fixed or 15 minutes if thawed. The crab legs are ready when you open the thwart pack and they are steaming .
*Pro tiptoe : Set up your Instant Pot outside or to depressurize under the range vent. otherwise your kitchen will be quite fragrant ! besides, You can repeat with a second gear batch right away using the like urine at the bottom .
How to Cook Crab Legs ( 4 Easy Ways )
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 15g
Vitamin A 754IU
Vitamin C 18mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition DisclosureInstagram If you make this recipe, I ’ five hundred love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter ! Hashtag them # natashaskitchen
Category : How To
Leave a Reply