The Only Swordfish Recipe you’ll need
This delectable Lemon Garlic Swordfish brought me back to our long-ago BK years ( Before Kids ) when Hubby and I frequently experimented with versatile fish, whole grains, and fresh veggies for dinner .
We would take clock time preparing healthy sautéed greens about every night. We ’ five hundred often grill, bake, or pan-sear some kind of fish… Mahi Mahi with Mango Avocado Salsa or Marinated parch Ahi were among our favorites. Halibut and Swordfish made regular appearances on our little kitchen postpone ampere well .
then came the kid-years, when just about the entirely things we managed to “ grill ” were cheese sandwiches. And the only kind of fish that made it onto our plates were covered in bread and shaped like sticks. Some of you know what I ’ meter talking about. If you don ’ triiodothyronine, remainder assured that you ’ re not missing out on the food fit .
thankfully, those spoon-throwing Littles took on slightly more complicate palates as they grew.
Reading: Lemon Garlic Swordfish Recipe
This Lemon Garlic Swordfish feels like a atavist that ’ s making a comeback. It ’ s wholly back in dinner rotation. Get ready to devour this buttery, lemony, garlicky goodness…
Be sure your swordfish fillets are at least 1-inch thick
How to make Lemon Garlic Swordfish :
Start off with high choice 1-inch thick swordfish fillets. It ’ randomness authoritative to towel-dry the fish so that all overindulgence water/moisture is removed. Give it a sprinkle of kosher salt and impertinently crunch black pepper on both sides .
swordfish is a steaky white fish that is firm, with capital spirit potential. It stands up actually well to pan-roasting, so that ’ s precisely what we do here. We start off with browning one side of the fish for a few minutes and then immediately flipping the fish over to its other side and transferring the pan into a hot oven. It only takes 5-ish minutes for the pisces to finish cook in the oven ; as a rule of thumb, constantly try to have your fish just-cooked and no more. Avoid overcooking at all costs, as that is what makes fish lose its tender texture .
last, you ’ ll slather on the amazing butter-garlic-lemon concoction. The season combination is stunning and arrant over swordfish .
It ’ ll sample like you spent manner more time on it than you actually did. Enjoy 🙂
See this recipe in action:
Lemon Garlic Swordfish Recipe
4.9 from 46 reviews
This buttery Lemon Garlic Swordfish is spectacularly delicious. This recipe results in a affectionate, flavor-packed fish that tastes like you spent way more time on it than you did .
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 1x
For the Lemon Garlic Mixture:
- 2 TB salted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 TB freshly chopped chives
- 2 TB garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB juice from fresh lemon
- 1TB grated lemon peel
- For the Fish:
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 (1-inch thick each) swordfish fillets, about 6– 7 oz each
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Read more: Microwave Scrambled Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F with rack on middle position. In a small pan, combine all Lemon Garlic Mixture ingredients and stir to fully combine. Set aside.
- Use paper towels to pat-dry all excess moisture from the swordfish fillets. Evenly sprinkle both sides of fillets with pinches of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large, oven-proof pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add the swordfish fillets to pan and let cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes (do not move fish around much.) Carefully flip fish fillets over to the other side, turn stove off, and immediately transfer pan into hot oven.
- Let fish roast about 5-6 minutes or just until the top is golden and center is just cooked through. Take care not to overcook. A minute before fish is done cooking in oven, cook small pan of prepared lemon-garlic mixture over medium high heat, constantly stirring, just until melted and bubbly. Immediately turn heat off and pour mixture over the cooked fish. Be sure to pour on any juices from the swordfish pan as well.
This serve is amazing with Easy Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms or Farro Salad with Butternut and Avocado
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating 🙂
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 0.4 deoxyguanosine monophosphate
- Sodium: 696.4 milligram
- Fat: 18.5 guanine
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.3 gigabyte
- Protein: 17 thousand
- Cholesterol: 71.4 magnesium
Keywords: lemon butter swordfish recipe
Kitchen Stuff we Love :
What a catch :
Crispy Baja Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Sauce
15-Minute Ginger Soy Asian Steamed Fish
Sheet Pan Lemon Basil Salmon
easy Lemon Butter Fish in 20 Minutes
Did you make this ?
Leave a remark below and tag @ chewoutloud on Instagram
You might besides like
- easy Perfect Mahi Mahi Recipe
- Lemon Butter Cod Recipe
- 15 Best Lemon Recipes
- Hot Imitation Crab Dip
Category : How To
Read more: Microwave Scrambled Eggs