Locate a device in Find My on iPhone
Use the Find My app to locate and play a fathom on a missing iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, AirPods, or Beats headphones ( patronize models ). In regulate to locate a device, you must turn on Find My [ device ] before it ’ second lost. note : If you want to see how far away your devices are from you, make certain you turn on Precise Location for the Find My app. See Control the location information you plowshare on iPhone. If you lose your iPhone and don ’ t have access to the Find My app, you can locate or play a fathom on your device using Find My iPhone on iCloud.com .
About locating a device
- You can use Find My on your iPhone to see the location of your device on a function and play a phone on it to help you find it. If the device is on-line, you see the placement of the device. If the device is offline, you see the location of the device the final time it went online or connected to the Find My network.
Reading: Locate a device in Find My on iPhone
- For AirPods and supported Beats headphones, you can locate them when they ’ rhenium nearby your device and connected to Bluetooth. For support AirPods, you can besides see their localization via the Find My net for up to 24 hours after they last connected to your device, even if they ’ re not nearby .
- For iPhone Leather Wallet with Find My defend, you can see its localization when it ’ sulfur attached to your iPhone and its survive known localization if it detaches from your iPhone .
See the location of your device on a map
You can see your device ’ randomness current or last know localization in the Find My app. Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to locate .
- If the device can be located : It appears on the map so you can see where it is .
- If the device can ’ metric ton be located : You see “ No placement found ” under the device ’ s name. Under Notifications, turn on Notify When Found. You receive a presentment once it ’ s located. Important: Make sure you allow notifications for the Find My app. See Change presentment settings on iPhone .
For troubleshooting steps, see the Apple Support article If Find My iPhone is offline or not working .
Play a sound on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or Apple Watch
- Tap Devices at the buttocks of the riddle, then tap the name of the device you want to play a sound on .
- Tap Play Sound .
- If the device is on-line : A audio starts after a short check and gradually increases in volume, then plays for about two minutes. The device vibrates ( if applicable ). A Find My [ device ] alert appears on the device ’ mho screen. A confirmation electronic mail is besides sent to your Apple ID electronic mail address .
- If the device is offline : You see reasoned Pending. The sound plays the next time the device connects to a Wi-Fi or cellular net .
Siri: Say something like : “ Play a sound on my ipod refer ” or “ Where ’ s my iPad ? ” Learn how to ask Siri .
Play a sound on your AirPods or Beats headphones
You can play a sound on your AirPods or Beats headphones if they ’ re out of their case. In io 15.0.1 or late, if you turn on the Find My network for supported AirPods, you can besides play a sound if they ’ rhenium inside their subject.
- Tap Devices at the bottomland of the screen door, then tap the name of the AirPods or Beats headphones you want to play a strait on .
- Tap Play Sound. If your AirPods or AirPods Pro are separated, you can mute one by tapping Left or Right to find them one at a prison term .
- If the device is on-line : It plays a sound immediately for two minutes .
- If the device is offline : You receive a presentment the future time your device is in scope of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Important: Make certain you allow notifications for the Find My app. See Change presentment settings on iPhone .
Stop playing a sound on a device
If you find your device and want to turn off the heavy before it stops automatically, do one of the watch :
- iPhone, iPad, or ipod touch : press the exponent button or a volume button, or flip the Ring/Silent throw. If the device is locked, you can besides unlock it, or swipe to dismiss the Find My [ device ] alert. If the device is unlock, you can besides tap OK in the Find My [ device ] alarm .
- Apple Watch : Tap Dismiss in the Find My Watch alert, or press the Digital Crown or side button .
- macintosh : Click OK in the Find My Mac alert .
- AirPods or Beats headphones : Tap Stop in Find My .
Get directions to a device
You can get turn-by-turn directions to your device if you see its localization on the map. In io 15.0.1 or late, you can get extra instructions for supported AirPods if you turned on the Find My network for them and you ’ ra near them .
- Tap Devices at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the device you want to get directions to .
- Do one of the follow :
- Turn-by-turn directions : Tap Directions to open the Maps app . See get directions in Maps.
- nearby recover : If you ’ ra near your AirPods, water faucet Find. Start moving about to locate your AirPods and follow the onscreen instructions. As you get closer, the text will change from “ far ” to “ near ” to “ here. ”
Locate or play a sound on a friend’s device
If your supporter loses a device, they can locate it or play a heavy on it by going to icloud.com/find and signing in with their Apple ID and password. To learn more, see Locate a device in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com in the iCloud User Guide. If you set up family Sharing, you can use Find My to locate a family penis ’ second missing device .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply