Before you apply, check you ’ re eligible for student finance .
New students who are from or normally live in England
Most full-time and part-time students who are from or normally live in England can apply on-line to Student Finance England .
Set up a student finance on-line account.
Reading: Student finance: how to apply
- Log in and complete the on-line application .
- Include your family income if needed. Your parent or partner will be asked to confirm these details .
- send in proof of identity, if needed .
If you can not apply on-line, use the form finder to get the forms you need. You can call Student Finance England if you want to apply on-line but you can not use a calculator without help .
Continuing students who are from or normally live in England
You ’ re a continuing student if you are :
- moving on to the next year of your course
- repeating a year of the same course or returning to a course after taking time out
- transferring onto a new course from your old course
If you ’ re a continuing student who ’ s from or normally lives in England, you should log in to your scholar finance report and apply on-line .
If you’re returning to study after taking time out for personal reasons
There ’ s a different process if you have studied for more than one year before and you ’ re going back to your studies after stopping your course because of personal reasons. This could be for things like if you were ill, pregnant, caring for person or person close to you died .
You should log in to your student finance account and apply on-line .
You must besides send a letter explaining why you suspended your studies with supporting tell.
The letter must include :
- your customer reference number for student finance
- an explanation of your situation and why you had to suspend your studies
Supporting tell can include :
- a letter from your doctor or social services on headed paper
- a letter from your university or college on headed paper
- copies of birth or death certificates
You might need to send more than one piece of testify if it helps you to show why you stopped your course .
Log in to your scholar finance account to send the letter and evidence to Student Finance England, or send it by position .
scholar Finance England will send you a letter confirming how much you ’ ll catch, normally within 8 weeks .
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
There ’ s a different process if you ’ re from or normally bouncy in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. check :
New EU students
If you ’ rhenium applying for tuition fee confirm and help with surviving costs, apply on-line .
If you ’ re applying for tutelage tip patronize only, you can download your form and apply by post now.
You ’ ll get a letter confirming how much you ’ ll catch, normally within 6 weeks .
Continuing EU students
If you ’ ra applying for tutelage tip support and help with surviving costs, apply on-line .
If you ’ re applying for tuition fee support only, you ’ ll be sent application forms to fill in and return by stake. Log in to your scholar finance history to check your address is up to go steady .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply