- How To Knit A Hat – Step By Step
- Cast on and knit the brim of the hat. Cast on 72 sts
Row 1 : ( RS ) – P1, K2 – rep to the end of the row.
Row 2 : ( WS ) – P2, K1 – rep to the end of the rowing.
Rep rows 1 and 2 until the firearm measures 3 inches from the cast-on edge, ending with a WS row.
- Knit the main body of the hat. Row 1 : ( RS ) – K1, P2 – rep to the end of the row.
Row 2 : ( WS ) – K2, P1 – rep to the end of the row.
Rep rows 1 and 2 until you have worked 10 inches from the cast-on edge, ending with a WS row.
- Decrease the top of the hat. Row 1 : K1, P2tog – rep to the end of the row.
Row 2 : K1, P1 – rep to the goal of the row.
Row 3 : K2tog – rep to the end of the row.
Row 4 : Purl – rep to the end of the row.
Row 5 : K2tog – rep to the end of the course.
Row 6 : Purl – rep to the end of the row.
Cut thread leaving a tail of around 15 inches.
Thread through the rem sts and pull up close.
Read more: How to Make Friendship Bracelets
- Seam the beanie using the mattress stitch. The last footprint is seaming the two edges of the beanie together.
There is a television tutorial on my YouTube channel here to show you how to do this.
I used a seam proficiency called the mattress stitch.
This allows you to create an invisible wrinkle in your knit so you don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate see where the edges meet.
To do this you :
1. Place the edges together – line them up.
2. start at the circus tent of the hat, with the right sides facing you.
3. Thread your acerate leaf and secure the top of the hat first with a stitch.
4. then start to push the needle through the beginning sew on one side of the fabric boundary.
- Continue to seam using the mattress stitch. 5. then move over to the other side and push your needle through the first base stitch.
6. Pull them together and continue to seam picking up an edge stitch on one slope and again on the other as you go.
7. You can pick up stitches every one bar or two bars on the edges – this is up to you. I generally pick up every 2 bars.
8. equitable be careful that what you do to one english of the knit should besides be done on the other side to keep them even.
- Seaming the brim of the hat. 9. When you come to the brim of the hat, you need to turn this over – so the right sides are facing you to seam.
10. This is so you get an inconspicuous seam on the good sides of the knitted framework.
11. When you have finished seam, secure your narration on the amiss side and weave in any loose ends.
12. Your hat is nowadays ready to wear.
source : https://meopari.com
Category : How To
Category : How To
Leave a Reply