This mail may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy .
We love hand-dipped corn dogs at fairs, carnivals, and of course Disney, but some of our favored carnival foods like Churros, angelic Corn on the Cob and of course these corn dogs, are so easy to re-create at home. If you ’ re looking for fun, family-friendly recipes, these Corn Dogs are a must-try !
Corn Dog Video Tutorial:
Corn dogs are basically cornbread buffet + hot dogs. This homemade Corn Dog Recipe has the best beloved batter. They are fried to perfection with a crisp outside and a soft cornbread inside that keeps the blimp fat .
If you enjoyed this video recording for corndogs, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel ( P.S. Click the BELL picture so you can be the beginning to know when we post a new video ). Thank you for subscribing !
Why You will Love These Corn Dogs:
- Simple batter – no waiting for the batter to chill. You can use it right away.
- Make-ahead option – you can make the batter 1 to 2 days ahead if you want to. You can also store extra batter to fry something fresh the next day.
- Skip the corn starch – dipping the hot dogs in corn starch is an unnecessary step. Drying the corn dogs with paper towels is enough to make the batter stick.
- Freezer friendly – you can make these, cool to room temperature then freeze in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag.
- Reheats well – You can defrost in the refrigerator or for 30 seconds in the microwave then pop them in the air fryer or sautee on a skillet until crisp on the outside.
Ingredients for Homemade Corndogs:
Since this recipe doesn ’ metric ton have many ingredients, sol buy the best quality hot dogs ( get your favorites ) .
- Hot Dogs – We highly recommend using simple hot dogs – either beef, chicken or turkey hot dogs will do. If using longer-sized hot dogs, keep in mind they will need to fit the diameter of your pot to fry once your stick is on. Also, very thick hot dogs won’t heat through as well.
- Corn Meal – get “finely ground”
- Flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt – pantry basics that help form the batter and make it fluffy.
- Buttermilk and oil – adds flavor and moisture to the batter
- Egg – helps batter hold together.
- Honey – adds sweetness to create a honey batter
How to Make Corn Dogs:
Making corn dogs is easier and takes less time than you think ! here is a ocular reference for the process. Watch the video recipe above and you ’ ll have this recipe memorized in no time .
- Pat Dry Hot Dogs with paper towels to help the batter to stick better.
- Insert Sticks – skewer hot dogs make sure the length fits your pot)
- Dry Ingredients – whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Wet Ingredients – whisk together buttermilk, egg, olive oil, and honey.
- Combine Batter – pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Dip Hot Dogs and Fry – Batter the corn dogs to completely cover the hot dog, let excess drip off at the edge then Fry 2-3 at a time at 350˚F for 3 minutes until golden brown.
Pro Tip: Use a tall drink glass and a funnel to keep things tidy while filling with clobber. Fill it about full, leaving enough board to dip the corn pawl without overflowing the cup .
The Best Sticks for Corn Dogs:
You can use a variety show of sticks ( even popsicle sticks ). The most authoritative thing is to make indisputable the skewer corn whiskey frump will fit well into your frying pot. Avoid sticks that have crisp points or are besides hanker. You can use :
How to Keep Corn Dogs from Cracking:
Air bubbles cause corn whiskey dogs to crack and burst. The right technique is crucial. Dip straight down until hot dog is fully coated. Twirl in the glass and swirl as you pull up. If you see gaps in the dough or big bubbles then re-dip. besides, make certain to maintain the right oil temperature at 350˚F .
Which cornmeal should I buy? attend for fine scandalmongering corn meal. Avoid “ course ” or “ average ” flat coat cornmeal as that will be excessively large of granules and won ’ thyroxine work. I have found that if the cornmeal packaging doesn ’ t say what texture it is, most much it is finely ground. Can I make this in a deep fryer? A deep fryer can be catchy because the corn dogs are more probably to stick to the fryer basket. Make sure you carefully hold the corn dog in the oil at an slant for 5-7 seconds to seal the exterior before dropping them into the basket. Watch the video to see this in action. Do I need to coat in corn starch? Nope. Coating in starch is an unnecessary and messy footstep. Patting the hot dogs thoroughly is adequate to help the buffet stick to the hot dogs. What is the Right Oil Temperature for Frying? We heat the anoint to 350˚F and use a clip-on thermometer to maintain a steady temperature. You want to keep the oil between 340˚-360˚ while frying. What is the best oil for frying? Our favorite anoint for fry is peanut oil. Canola vegetable oil is besides a bang-up choice. How to serve corn dogs? Serve as a main course or bite with the authoritative dip sauces of catsup and mustard.
Have Extra Batter Left Over?
Use the extra dinge to dip miniskirt sausages, little smokies or cocktail sausages to make miniskirt corndogs. Use a toothpick to dip and fry then remove the toothpicks before serving .
Hand dipped corn dogs satisfy the crave for circus food when you aren ’ metric ton able to get to the carnival or submit fair to enjoy it. They are besides very fun to make !
More Kid-Friendly Recipes to try:
If you love this Corn Dog Recipe, then you won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate want to miss these family-friendly recipes .
- Pizza – try our pizza dough for any pizza
- Cheeseburger Sliders – easy and great for parties
- Chicken Sandwiches – crispy with the best sauce
- Chicken Nuggets – a copycat recipe
- Brownies – fudgy and decadent
Homemade Corn Dogs Recipe
This homemade Corn Dog Recipe has the best honey clobber. They are fried to perfection with a crisp outside and a soft cornbread inside that keeps the sausage juicy .
Cost to Make:
corn dog, corn dogs recipe
For the Corn Dogs:
hot dogs, we used turkey hot dogs
- Peanut anoint, canola oil oil, or vegetable vegetable oil for frying
- Ketchup and mustard to serve
finely jaundiced corn meal
olive oil or vegetable vegetable oil
US Customary – Metric
- Pour 2-3 ” of oil in a big potentiometer or dutch oven and heat to 350˚F over medium inflame .
- Pat dry with newspaper towels. Insert sticks into blistering dogs .
- Whisk together dry ingredients ( corn whiskey meal, flour, carbohydrate, baking gunpowder and salt ). Whisk together moisture ingredients ( buttermilk, egg, 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and honey ). Combine moisture and dry ingredients and whisk to combine .
- Pour buffet into a drink looking glass about to the top and dip hot dogs. Put corndog straight down into clobber and give it a small kink to in full coat the hot dogs then swirl as you lift up. Let surfeit drip off .
- Hold corn whiskey dog at an fish in the hot petroleum for 5-7 seconds to let it seal then drop into petroleum ( this keeps them from sticking to the bottom of the pot ) .
- Fry 3 minutes or until gold brown. Fry up to 2-3 at a meter ( so you don ’ thymine drop the temperature ), turning them as needed to brown evenly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool .
*Nutrition label is only an calculate. We calculated 1 tsp of peanut oil per corn cad .
Homemade Corn Dogs Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 4g
Vitamin A 96IU
Vitamin C 1mg
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Read more: Microwave Scrambled Eggs
Category : How To
Leave a Reply