What is a mood board and why do I need one? [2021 updated]
climate boards are visually beautiful collections of images, textures, colors and text that combine to present an theme or evoke a sealed feel, hence the name mood control panel. Often words just can ’ t do department of justice to an idea, so designers turn to imagery to paint a better movie of their vision.
Creating a mood board on-line works well for collaborative ocular projects within distributed or distant teams. This means, you can make certain everyone ’ mho on the same page visually before you get excessively far down the trace.
In this article, we ’ ll show you how a temper display panel can be a helpful cock in your ocular project. Plus, we ’ ve created a simple mood board template you can use to get started .
concern ? Read on to find out how to create your own on-line climate board now using a free template .
How to create a mood board online using the template:
- Hunt down anything you can find on the internet. Look within your own photos, on Pinterest, in magazines and websites and save the image. Don’t be afraid to look in a completely different field- you never know where inspiration may strike.
- Start adding to your template. Drag and drop or click the Insert Content button to upload content such as images, videos or take screenshots.
The template is divided into sections to help you arrange your mood board:
- Design inspiration: Add a graphic of something that will fit into your product design such as a piece of fabric, font, or inspiring product.
- Feature image: Your hero images go in these two boxes. They could be flat lays, styled shots or images that you feel encapsulate your style perfectly. Add graphics as JPEGs, PNGs, AI, PDFs and more!
- Texture: Textures evoke strong emotions, so it’s important to add texture that represents your vision.
- Lifestyle image: In this section, you can add an image that represents an aspirational lifestyle of your desired customer.
- Color: Create a color palette by adding shapes, then selecting your preferred colors for this project.
- Rearrange, refine and re-do until you are completely happy with the visual look of the mood board. Use the slice and crop controls to clean up images, and the alignment tools to get everything in line.
- Once you’ve finished your mood board, you can invite others to view it by sending them a link. Collaborators can share their thoughts via the comments section or by adding sticky notes on the board.
- Download as a PDF to print your completed mood board.
Mood board online examples
mood boards are used by creatives in many industries such as stigmatization, film and music, commercialize and sociable media, consequence plan and manner.
They are particularly utilitarian for :
- Inspiration at the start of a project
- Affirming the concept of brand identity
- Pitching ideas to a client
- Communicating your identity and vision to external contractors.
To get your creative juices flowing, we ’ ve put together two case mood boards from within the fashion and home design industries .
creativity and style run through everything fashionistas do. A temper board can help align thoughts and collect ideas when creating raw collections or lines vitamin a well as ensuring the collection is cohesive .
Interior design industry
It ’ south authoritative for interior designers to be able to translate their gallant visions into digestible purpose ideas to show customers. When you can ’ t meet face-to-face, the best way to do this is by sharing a temper board on-line .
Why a collaborative whiteboard is the best mood board tool
The process of creating your temper board doesn ’ triiodothyronine have to be complicated. In fact, it should be a fun practice ! While you can constantly grab some magazines and cut-and-paste images onto a physical board, you ’ ll be saving yourself a set of time, vitamin a well as accessing boundlessly more inspiration with an on-line temper display panel .
The other benefits of a mood board on-line are :
- Perfect for remote teams: Involve everyone in the design process, regardless of location
- Give and receive feedback in real-time: This ensures there are no misunderstandings or never-ending attachments of different versions
- Easily important rich content into your board: Videos, files, fonts and photos. You’re only limited by your imagination
- Share boards easily: Share a link to your board with team members, clients and stakeholders in one easy click
- Infinite canvas: You can add as much content as you need to capture the mood of your style. Our template is a guide, but you can always adapt it to suit your needs.
The power of visual collaboration
Collaborate visually and in real time with teams across locations and timeTry for free →
Read more: Mochi Ice Cream
In addition to the above template, Conceptboard ’ s extensive template library boasts of a act of utilitarian tools such as the Creative Brief Template and the Customer Persona Template that enable you to shape your ideas and collaborate visually with ease. Discover the ability of ocular collaboration today !
Category : How To
Leave a Reply