The Department encourages all eligible customers to conduct their driver license services online. For more information, please visit our webpage on Driver License Services, Extensions, Waivers, and Covid-19 Information.
To ensure the base hit of all customers, adenine well as our driver license office personnel, you will be required to comply with the following for your date :
- Services are by scheduled appointment only. Walk-in appointments will be available on a limited basis at all driver license office locations.
- If you are having difficulty scheduling an appointment on a preferred day, please know all DL offices do have a limited number of same-day appointments available on a first-come, first-served basis, that fill up quickly. Customers who book these appointments at the office can then leave and return at their designated appointment time. Individuals without an appointment will receive instruction and assistance in setting an appointment for a future date and time.
- All customers visiting the driver license office are encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering
- Social distancing must be followed (6 feet apart)
- Only customers will be allowed into the building, with the following exceptions:
- ADA accommodations
- Customers with small children
- Elderly persons
- Business needs (parental authorization, residency/address change, etc.)
- Credit cards are the preferred payment. Money orders, cashier’s and personal checks will be accepted (for the correct amount)
If these requirements are not met, you may be required to reschedule your appointment at a late date.
For extra information, see the Frequently Asked Questions provided below .
Schedule a driver license appointment
1. How do I schedule an appointment at a driver license office?
To schedule an appointee, please visit our web site at https://public.txdpsscheduler.com .
2. If I don’t have an appointment, will I still be able to go into a driver license office and be served?
If you arrive at a driver license office without an appointment, you will be able to use a self-service booth in the driver license office to schedule an appointment if one is available that day, or schedule an appointment for another day or different localization .
3. When I go online to schedule an appointment, I don’t see my local office; why is that?
If your local function is not listed, there are presently no available appointments. Please select the following close agency to review eligible appointment dates .
If you are having difficulty scheduling an appointment on a prefer sidereal day, please know all DL offices do have a limited number of same-day appointments available on a first-come, first-served basis that fill up promptly, with the exception of the Carrollton Mega Center. Customers who record these appointments at the position can then leave and return at their delegate appointee time .
4. What kind of appointment can I schedule (i.e. obtain permit, ID card, duplicate, change address, new DL, CDL, renewals…etc?)
All driver license and recognition card services are available for you to schedule. In addition to this, the appointment scheduler will besides advise you if you are eligible to complete the serve on-line at hypertext transfer protocol : //texas.gov/ without visiting a driver license office .
5. I am moving to Texas from another state/country. Do I have to have an established Texas driver license or identification card to schedule an appointment?
No. The appointment scheduler will ask you a series of questions to determine if you have previously established a driver license or designation card in Texas. The scheduler will allow appointments for modern and existing Texas customers .
6. Can I schedule an appointment for another person?
Yes, provided you have all of the ask information ; however, this is not recommended .
7. What do I do if there are no appointments available at my local driver license office?
If there are no appointments available at your local driver license office, you will need to schedule your appointee at another location or you can check back at a late time to see if there is a cancellation. walk-in appointments will be available on a limited footing at all driver license function locations .
8. What should I do if I can’t schedule an appointment before my driver license or identification card expires?
Please check to see if you are eligible to renew your driver license or designation circuit board on-line at hypertext transfer protocol : //texas.gov/. If you are not eligible for on-line refilling, you will need to schedule your appointment equally soon as possible at a driver license function. Texas allows customers to renew driver licenses and recognition cards up to two years in overture of the termination date .
9. What if I don’t see the service I need to schedule my appointment?
If the service you need is not listed in the service types provided to you, please choice “ Service not Listed ” to schedule your appointment .
Please note – REAL ID and Texas jurisprudence merely permits a person to hold a driver license or identification wag, but not both ( Texas Transportation Code Section 521.183 ). Customers in monomania of either of these will not be offered the option to schedule an appointment for the early. Customers needing to make this type of appointee will need to use the “ Service not Listed ” option when scheduling the appointment, and be prepared to surrender the existing DL or ID .
10. How far in advance may I schedule an appointment?
Appointments may be scheduled up to six months in boost .
11. How late can I be before my appointment is cancelled?
Appointments are cancelled after 30 minutes .
12. How early do I need to arrive at the driver license for my appointment?
Please arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your appointment .
13. How do I change my appointment?
Please visit the appointment scheduler to reschedule. Your existing appointment will be mechanically cancelled upon your ratification of a new appointment .
14. How can I confirm my appointment?
confirmation data is provided at the time the appointment is made and can be obtained at any time by logging back in to the appointment scheduler .
15. Will I get a reminder of the upcoming appointment?
You will have the option to receive reminders by way of e-mail or text message when you make your date .
16. Can I get a reminder by email or text message on my phone?
When you make your appointee, you will have the option to receive an e-mail or text message admonisher .
17. Can I still go online and renew my DL/ID, change my address, order a duplicate?
Yes. You can check your eligibility and complete these transactions by visiting hypertext transfer protocol : //texas.gov/ .
18. If I cancel my appointment how long do I have to wait before I can reschedule the new appointment?
You may reschedule immediately after cancelling an date .
For more data, visit our Frequently Asked Questions on Scheduling a Road Test .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply