These oven baked fries are perfect alongside Jalapeño Cheddar Burgers, served up with Oven Fried Chicken or as chili tall mallow fries !
Oven Baked French Fries
Russet potatoes are the gold standard for french fries in general. They particularly suitable for adust fries, because the skins are blockheaded and dryer than the skins of other potatoes, so they crisp up nicely in the oven .
Have you always tried fries in the oven, and found they lack brittleness ? here are two capital tips to avoid that trouble everlastingly !
How to Make Oven French Fries Crispy
As abstruse fried french fries are often double fried ( once at a lower temp, once at a higher temp to crisp ) I ’ ve found the same thing works magically for oven fries ! You can make oven french fries so thoroughly and crisp !
- SOAK: Soak the potatoes in cold water after cutting for at least 30 minutes. This step removes a lot of starch (you will see it in the bowl after you remove them) resulting in a crispier French fry!
- DRY: This is really important. Make sure you dry them well so they don’t steam and get soft when they bake! I spin them in my salad spinner and then dap in a kitchen towel.
- OIL & SEASON: Use parchment paper to keep them from sticking and oil to make them crisp! While these are a version of healthy fries, if you want them to crisp, you will still need to be generous with the oil.
- TWO TEMP COOKING: This easy technique allows the fries to bake perfectly crispy! Simply bake at 375°F for a little bit to cook and then turn up the heat to really crisp them up!
How to Cut Potatoes into Fries
I constantly leave the skin on because it adds a little sting extra roughage ( and personally I like the way it tastes… and it ’ second easier ). If you prefer you can peel the potatoes first !
You can cut french fries by hand or save time using a french Fry cutter. I use a tender for perfectly flush fries .
To Cut into Steak Fries:
- Steak fries are typically thicker than french fries. To make baked steak fries, you’ll want to find potatoes that are a little bit smaller. Steak fries should be cut into small wedges about 3/4″ to 1″ thick.
- You will follow the same cooking method below but for a longer period of time.
How to Bake French Fries
To achieve utmost brittleness in your homemade french fries, I do a 2 temperature cook :
- Be sure to preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Dry the fries thoroughly after soaking and before seasoning.
- Generously oil and season the oven fries. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment line pan.
- Cook 20 minutes (25 for thicker fries).
- Turn the heat up to 425°F and continue baking until crisp, about 20 minutes.
How Long to Bake French Fries: Remember, thick fries will take longer and if your fries are excessively thin, they ’ ll fair burn without crisping .
The length of time for adust french fries will vary, depending on how thick you cut them and of path personal preference. My kin likes them more tender chip, I like them supernumerary crisp !
How to Reheat Fries
You can easily reheat your leftover oven baked fries, either in the oven, or on the stovetop .
- Stovetop Reheating: Add a tablespoon or two of oil in non-stick pan. Reheat over medium heat for a few minutes and enjoy!
- Oven Reheating: Baked fries can be reheated in the oven. Spread them in a single layer on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven.
- Microwave Reheating: This is less ideal as they can come out soft or soggy! 20-40 seconds should be plenty of time.
How to Freeze Oven Baked French Fries
Your leftover oven baked fries can besides be frozen for up to four months in a deep-freeze bag. To reheat, just follow the steps above .
Frozen fries are great reheated but besides perfect added to soups, stews and casseroles !
What to Serve With Fries
We love fries with anything with gravy in stead of our favorite Mashed Potatoes and with our darling sandwiches and burgers ! here are a few that we love :
Baked French Fries (Oven Fries)
Crispy oven fries are easy to make and taste great! These healthy baked french fries will become a staple in your home!
4 large baking potatoes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or lemon pepper
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Wash potatoes leaving skin on (you can peel them if you prefer). Cut potatoes into desired size fries.
Let potatoes soak in cold water in the sink or in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Remove from water and dry very well.
Toss with oil and seasonings. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment-lined pan.
Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven up to 425° and cook fries until golden, about 20-25 minutes more.
Read more: How to clean your dryer
( Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. )
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourage and appreciate. Copying and/or pasting entire recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please opinion my photograph use policy hera
Category : How To
Leave a Reply