note : This FAQ discusses impression in color at SUNY Purchase College, on public Xerox printers in the Purchase College Library ‘s lab. This does not apply to printing from a personal printer or to printers outside Purchase College .
The library has respective color printers :
- 2 large format color printers in the DMZ on the main floor (Macs & PCs)
- 2 large format color printers in the Reference Area on the main floor (PCs only)
- 1 large format color printer in Lab 1004C (PCs)
- 1 large format color printer in Lab 1004D (PCs)
For more information on impression, see FAQs on price and locations of printers .
There’s a trick to printing in color : You must select the color printer in the print menu AND make sure the document is set to print in color under “Printer Properties.” ( Most of the time, the color printers default to “ color ” as the output ) .
The mention and localization of “ Printer Properties ” or “ printer Options ” may differ depending on what software application you are using. When in doubt, look for terms like “ properties, ” “ options, ” “ printer features, ” or “ photocopy features. ”
Follow the steps below to print in color on a personal computer or a Mac .
PC Instructions (for DMZ, Reference Area, 1004C, 1004D):
If using Microsoft Word, Publisher, or Power point :
1. Go to File > Print. Select DMZ_Color or Reference_Xerox_Color ( or 1004C Printer or 1004D Printer ) from the list of printers .
2. Click on Printer Properties under the printer name .
3. navigate to the Printing Options pill. Look at the bottom for Output Color. If you wish to print in color, make certain that Color is selected from this menu. Click OK .
4. Back on the main print filmdom, click the Print button. The CTS dialogue box “ Print Job Notification ” appears. Verify one stopping point time that you ’ ve selected the discolor printer, then chink Print. You ‘re well to go !
If using Microsoft Photo Viewer, you have to click Options to get to Printer Properties :
Mac Instructions (DMZ, 1004B):
If using Microsoft Word, Power Point, etc. :
1. Go to File > Print. Select DMZ_Color or 1004B Printer 1 or 1004B Printer 2 from the list of printers
2. If the entire Print menu does not open, click Show Details to expand your view
3. From the dropdown menu in the middle of the box, choose Xerox Features. ( In some programs such as Preview, this dropdown appears below extra options like Paper Size and Orientation. )
4. Below the Xerox Features menu, choose Color Options from the adjacent dropdown menu. choose Automatic Color under Color Correction. ( This should be the nonpayment for the DMZ and 1004B color printers. Vivid Color will work angstrom well. )
5. next, click Print.
Read more: Mochi Ice Cream
6. The CTS dialogue box “ Print Job Notification ” appears. Verify one last meter that you ’ ve selected the coloring material printer, then click Print. You ‘re good to go !
Category : How To
Leave a Reply