Microsoft Excel is one of Microsoft Office Suite programs. It is a worksheets or spreadsheets plan that supports a database. It uses macro programming for VBA ( Visual Basic for Applications ) for data analysis and visual image. The good thing about this program comes from the endless features it offers to the users .
There are countless ways of dealing with numeric data like arithmetic calculations, using graph, charts, and tables to represent data. The advantages are far from over as Excel besides offers protection to spreadsheets. Anyone who wants their data protected can easily set a password to encrypt the spreadsheet. The password ensures no authorize access to the document, and entirely people who have the password can open the document .
But what if you want to remove the password ? It is besides quick and easy for both Mac and PC users if you remember your password. In the article below, read on to learn how to remove password security from your spreadsheet .
Method 1: How to remove password protection in Excel manually using info feature
1. Go to your Microsoft Office Suite and launch the Microsoft Excel course of study .
2. Open the code Excel spreadsheet file you want to remove the password. In case you have set first step password protection in the file, it means the file is locked. You will be required to enter it. Click OK when done .
3. On the upper left corner of your open worksheet, click the File tab key. Click on ‘ Info. ‘
4. Click on ‘Protect Workbook ‘ to open a drop-down menu. then, choose the type of password security you had set to remove .
- For Encrypt with Password option, all you have to do is clear the password written and click OK to remove the password. It works mostly for Excel from 2019 to 2010.
- For ‘Protect Current Sheet’ and ‘Protect Workbook Structure options,’ get an Unprotect Sheet window and enter a password. Click OK to remove the protection. It works for Excel 2007 and older versions.
note that you can besides remove password protection from the Review pill and snap either Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook. Clicking on Unprotect Sheet or Protect Workbook will automatically remove the password from the sheet .
Method 2: How to remove a password in Excel using iSeePassword
iSeePassword Dr.Excel is a mighty third-party tool that can be used to recover Excel clear passwords and remove security passwords from Excel Worksheet. You can unlock the worksheet pretty quickly with this password removal software. When you forgot the Excel password and the above tricks didn ’ thymine exploit, Dr.Excel is the best solution out there to help you get away from an awkward situation .
first, please download iSeePassword Dr.Excel from this link :
hypertext transfer protocol : //www.iseepassword.com/online-help/excel-password-recovery.html
Recover Open Password from Excel
open Dr.Excel from your computer and click Recover Open Password from the Excel menu on the welcome screen .
From the new window, please import the password-protected Excel file with Add File button. following, choose a password attack faculty. normally, we will use Brute-force with Mask Attack as it allows you to set a couple of parameters to shorten the password recovery prison term .
Hit the Settings button on the right side and make proper settings accordingly.
Read more: Mochi Ice Cream
Save the changes and Dr.Excel starts to recover Excel overt password based on your settings. Once the password is found, it will be shown on the screen .
After the password was recovered, you can now remove the password using the methods shared previously in this article .
Remove worksheet protection password from Excel using Dr. Excel
well, it is a lot easier to remove the Excel worksheet password with the Dr.Excel app. It is about done immediately .
first, choose Remove Workbook, Worksheet Password from the main windowpane. now, locate Add File button at the upper berth left recess to import the Excel file into the program. last, click the Start push button to remove the worksheet security password from Excel. The password will be removed in seconds without waiting even it has a complex password .
The unbarred Excel file is saved in the same folder as the original one seat. If you are trying to open the unlock file, you will find there is no password attached to it. iSeePassword Dr.Excel is by far the easiest way to remove a password from Excel when you forgot the password .
Method 3: How to remove a password in an Excel sheet using the Home tab
1. Launch the Excel course of study and open the worksheet. You need to remove the password .
2. On the main ribbon menu, go to the Home yellow journalism .
3. Under the Cells group, click Format ‘s drop-down arrow. From the list, choose Unprotect Sheet .
4. Type in the password and then click OK to remove the password .
Method 4: Using Save As to remove password protection in Excel
1. Open the password-protected Excel worksheet. After this, go to the File check and blue-ribbon Save As .
2. Click the drop-down arrow to display a pop-up book window. On the windowpane, chatter Tools, then select General Options from the drop-down menu .
3. In the dialogue box, clear the password to open and modify fields to remove them .
4. Click the OK release to save all changes made. Remember to click the save button to save your modified document .
The article above provides you with some methods you can remove password protection from your Excel files. The procedures mentioned above are some of the ways where you will end up with the lapp results. Always remember to save your influence again after making any changes to it .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply