hera ‘s how to send group text in the Google Messages app, and besides on a Samsung earphone .
How to Group Message on Android Using Google’s Messages App
Android Messages is a ace fast and highly customizable text message app, and the default on many phones. here ’ s how to a transport group SMS using the app.
Reading: How to Send a Group Text on Android
- Download Messages if you don’t already have it installed. It’s free.
- Open the app and tap Start chat to open the New conversation screen.
- Tap Create group to open the New group conversation screen.
- Tap the first few letters of each person you want to add to your group, then select their name when it pops up.
- When you’re done, tap Next and enter a group name in the Add group name.
- Then, tap Next and type your message in the text box. If you receive a prompt to confirm your phone number, add it and hit OK. Your message will be sent to the group.
sometimes, sending a group text won ’ thymine work unless you enable the group MMS choice in the Messages app. To do this, open the Messages app and exploit on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner, and choice Settings. then, go to Advanced and enable MMS under Group messaging .
You may need to turn on the Auto-retrieve ( or Auto-download MMS on some devices ) option to eliminate that annoying notification every time a penis of the group replies .
Or, for a more feature-rich message experience, check out the best detached message apps for Android alternatively .
Create Groups and Send Group Messages on Samsung Phones
On Samsung phones, you can create groups individually from within the Contacts app .
In order to send a text to a group, we ’ ll first create a group to contact. here ’ s how to create a contact tilt :
- Open the Contacts app.
- Tap on Groups > Create.
- Under Group name, type a name for the group.
- Tap + Add member to open your list of contacts. Touch the empty check box next to the contact you want to add to the group. If you accidentally add the wrong contact, tap the red minus icon beside the name to remove the contact from the group.
- Tap Done and hit Save to save the name of your group and members in it.
How to Send a Text to a Group on Samsung Phones
now you ‘ve set up your group, here ’ s how to send a group message on Samsung phones .
- Launch the Messages app.
- Then, tap on the Compose icon at the bottom-right.
- In the Enter recipients box, touch the contact icon, then select the group you just created.
- Tap All, next to the group’s name, to include all contacts in the group. Then, tap Done so you can start writing your message.
- Type your text message in the Enter message field, then tap Send.
note that group texting uses the SMS protocol, sol group creators are the merely ones who can receive recipients ’ replies. If you want replies to a group conversation delivered to all recipients, then you should consider enabling MMS .
besides, the standard messaging app sets a restrict ( for this device, it ‘s merely 20 ) of how many recipients you can add to a individual message. If you plan to send messages to hundreds of recipients, check out our list of best Android apps for sending SMS messages in bulge.
Read more: How to Make Friendship Bracelets
Is Group Texting Still Relevant Today?
absolutely ! When it comes to group texting, many apps out there can get the job done, but they might require an internet connection to work. That ’ s unlike Google ‘s Messages and other SMS apps which do n’t require a data connection to send group textbook .