Where Is the Wi-Fi Password on My iPhone ?
Believe it or not, you ca n’t look up a Wi-Fi network password directly on your iPhone unless your iPhone is jailbroken and running apps that specifically let you do that.
You might expect that you could look up your Wi-Fi password right on your iPhone, but Apple does n’t allow it. There ‘s barely no feature of speech in the io to find a Wi-Fi password, not even if you have the password saved in your Keychain .
fortunately, there are some other options for looking up passwords on your iPhone. The rest of this article explains how you can parcel your Wi-Fi password without looking it up and provides some options on your Mac for finding a password .
The tips in this article apply to iOS 11 and improving.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on io 11 and Up
You may not be able to look up your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone, but there ‘s an easy way to share the password with a supporter. ampere retentive as you ‘re both running io 11 and up ( this works on Macs running macOS high Sierra ( 10.13 ) or higher, excessively ), sharing a Wi-Fi password is a matter of equitable a few steps .
To use this feature, there are a few requirements you need to meet :
- Both devices need to be running iOS 11 or later.
- Your friend’s Apple ID must be in your Contacts app.
- Bluetooth must be enabled on both your device and your friend’s device.
With those requirements met, here ‘s what you need to do :
- Hold your iPhone near your supporter ‘s iPhone ( or iPad ). The devices need to be in conclude forcible proximity to use this feature .
- Using their iPhone, your friend should try to connect to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to partake .
- The Share Your Wi-Fi window pops up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. Tap Share Password .
- Your Wi-Fi password will be sent from your iPhone to your friend ‘s device and their iPhone will connect to your Wi-Fi network .
- On your iPhone, tap Done .
How to Find the Wi-Fi Password for Your Personal Hotspot
You ‘ve got extra options if you use personal Hotspot .
personal Hotspot is a feature of the io that lets you share your iPhone ‘s cellular data connection with other nearby devices over Wi-Fi. In that case, other people near you who want to get on-line via your iPhone just need your Personal Hotspot password to connect to Wi-Fi .
When you use personal Hotspot, your iPhone functions like the Wi-Fi router in your home. In that case, finding your personal Hotspot password is slowly. just follow these steps :
- Tap Settings on your iPhone .
- Tap Personal Hotspot .
- attend at the Wi-Fi Password menu. This is the password to your Personal Hotspot. Give that to people who want to connect to your iPhone over Wi-Fi .
How to See Wi-Fi Password Using iCloud Keychain on a Mac
You may not know it, but your iPhone is packed wide of save passwords that you use for websites, apps, and Wi-Fi networks. These passwords are saved in the Keychain, a course of study stores your login information and help you by auto-filling them into login forms .
If you ‘ve got a Mac, you can view Wi-Fi passwords using iCloud Keychain. iCloud Keychain is alike to Keychain, except that it stores your usernames in your iCloud account, rather than on your Mac or iPhone. Login information stored in iCloud can be synced to your iCloud-compatible devices. That means that a Wi-Fi password saved on your iPhone can be viewed on a Mac. hera ‘s how :
- beginning, begin by making certain iCloud Keychain is enabled on your iPhone. Tap the Settings app to open it .
- Tap your name at the lead of the Settings screen .
- Tap iCloud .
- Tap Keychain .
Move the iCloud Keychain skidder to on/green .
If this was n’t already enabled, it may take some clock time for your Keychain information to upload to iCloud. The more usernames and passwords you have the longer the synchronize takes .
- adjacent, on your Mac, to go the Apple menu in the top properly corner and then select System Preferences .
Click iCloud ( on macOS Catalina ( 10.15 ), snap Apple ID first ) .
Remember, you must be logged into the same iCloud report on the iPhone and the Mac for this to work .
- Click the checkbox next to Keychain. This enables iCloud Keychain and will sync the password from the iPhone to the Mac. This may take a minute or two .
- future, open the Keychain Access program on your Mac. The easiest way to do this is to open the Spotlight research tool by clicking Command + Space bar. Type Keychain Access and then click the Return key .
- In the Search box, type the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view .
- In the search results, double-click the Wi-Fi network .
- Click the checkbox next to Show password .
- In the window that pops up, enroll the password that you use to log onto your Mac .
- The Wi-Fi network password appears in the Show password field .
How to Look Up Your Wi-Fi Password in Router Settings
Another way to use your iPhone to find a Wi-Fi password is by going straight to the reservoir : your Wi-Fi router. This is n’t quite the lapp as finding the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone, but it gets you the information you need .
In this case, you ‘re going right to the source—the Wi-Fi router—to get the password. All Wi-Fi routers let you log into them to check and change settings like the password. here ‘s what to do :
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to find .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Wi-Fi .
- Tap the i icon next to the Wi-Fi net name .
Find the Router sphere and write down the number listed there ( this is the router ‘s IP address ). It is probably something like 192.168.0.1, but could be something else .
You can besides tap and hold the IP address to copy it .
- In your iPhone ‘s world wide web browser, go to the IP address from the last tone .
You ‘ll be asked to log into your router. To connect to a router as an administrator, you ‘ll need the username and password you created when you set up the router. Hopefully, you wrote this down somewhere. It ‘s besides potential that you did n’t change the nonpayment username and password ( but you decidedly should have ! ). In that case, it could be something adenine simpleton as admin/admin .
Do some Googling for “ nonpayment password for [ your Wi-fi router exemplary ] ” if you need steering .
- once you ‘ve logged into your router, each Wi-Fi router will have a slightly unlike typeset of steps for finding the Wi-Fi password, but look for settings or the name of the Wi-Fi net and you ‘ll be on the right track .
How can you share a Wi-Fi password from iPhone to Android?
Grab a QR code generator app, such as Visual Codes on io, and create a fresh code that has your Wi-Fi network ‘s SSID, password, and security type. Scan the code on the Android device and associate to the network .
How do you share a Wi-Fi password from a Windows laptop to an iPhone?
There ‘s no easy manner to share Wi-Fi passwords on a Windows device. What you can do is find a save Wi-Fi password by going into Settings > Network & Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Connections: [Network Name] > Wireless Properties. Select the Security tab and check the Show characters box to copy the password.
How do you connect to Wi-Fi without a password on an iPhone?
Since the iPhone does n’t support WPS, you ca n’t connect to a modem/router without knowing the password. But, you can still use another io device to share a Wi-Fi password to your iPhone using the instructions in this article .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply