The best and easiest thing to know when learning how to clean down pillows is that they were made to be cleaned right in your lave machine, making it so easy and quick to do .
How to Wash Down Pillows & Feather Pillows
Can you wash a down pillow ? The luxury bed experts at Peacock Alley hear that wonder a draw. And the answer is – yes ! Washing your lavishness pillows actually reinvigorates them and can restore them to their original downiness. Since most down and feather pillows will fit in a standard dwelling laundry machine, taking caution of them is a cinch. here ’ mho how :
– Before washing your down pillows, be certain to remove any pillow cases or coverings they may have .
– Check your feather pillows for any obvious rips or tears that may allow feather filling to escape during the wash cycle. Repair them with a needle and thread before washing.
Balance Things Out
– When washing down pillows, it is important to wash two pillows at the same time, as this will help balance the washer tub and allow better performance. Be sure to load pillows vertically so that they are not bothered by the agitator in the washer. Front-loading washing machines with no agitators work best, but any washer can be used as long as the pillows fit properly.
Gentle Works Best
– Choose a low-sudsing laundry detergent when washing down pillows to avoid soap residue and to avoid having the feathers clump together. Also, make it a point to use less detergent than you normally would and set your washing machine to the delicate cycle to take care of the feather filling.
– While hot water works best to kill any dust mites that might be living inside your down pillows, it may also damage the feathers. If this is a concern, use warm or cool water when washing down pillows instead.
Rinse and Repeat
– It is a good idea to use an extra rinse and spin cycle when washing down pillows. This will get rid of any excess moisture and soap residue on the feather filling.
Can You Dry a Feather or Down Pillow in the Dryer?
Yes ! The ever-so-easy to care for feather or goose down pillows can be put in the dry and will turn out beautifully with a few easy tips .
Remove the excess water from the down pillows by placing the pillow between two towels and pressing down on it. This will force out the water in the pillow, which will be soaked up by the towels. Be careful not to twist or wring the pillows, as this may damage the down feathers.
Place the feather pillows in the dryer, using a delicate cycle like the low-heat or no-heat setting. While the no-heat setting may take several cycles to get the job done, it is the safest way to dry feather pillows. If you choose the low heat setting for quicker drying, be careful, as even this seeming harmless setting may cause damage to the feather filling.
Check the pillows often and take them out of the dryer to fluff them between cycles. Beating the pillows will help to break up any down clumps inside and allow for better drying.
The use of dryer balls when washing down pillows is a great idea. It will help keep the pillows fluffy.
Once dry, fluff the feather pillows and massage any clumps to remove them. Holding the down pillow by its corners and shaking it also helps remove feather clumps.
How to Freshen A Down Pillow
Between washings, it is a good mind to freshen down and feather pillows. Simply put your down pillows in the dry with a dampen washcloth, three dry balls, and your favored framework softener plane. tumble dry on depleted heating system for 15-20 minutes for downy and refreshed pillows for your bedroom .
Category : How To
Leave a Reply