MSP – Minneapolis International Airport -Terminal 1/Lindbergh
Mon-Sun Open 24 hours
Book a car
Pick-up Date and Time:
Return Date and Time:
Rental Car Type:
Apply a discount code
Discount / CDP / Club Code :
Get a quote
Get DirectionsPlease wait ……
Hertz car rental at Minneapolis Airport (MSP)
Minneapolis Airport car hà nội car
makes visiting both the Midwest twin cities of Minneapolis và St Paul a breeze. There’s a thriving theater scene, many dynamic restaurants và an abundance of great places to shop. But really Minneapolis is a place that loves the outdoors, with skiing in winter, rock climbing in summer và the scenic Chain of Lakes Regional Park .
Located on the Minnesota side of the Mississippi River that mostly divides the two cities, Minneapolis Airport is about a đôi mươi – minute drive from the đô thị center béo the north-west & St Paul Khủng the north-east .
Reserve anything from our range of rental cars bự start your trip. Select from modern sedans ideal for urban exploration mập roomy SUVs for active family woodland adventures .
Whether you want mập experience the cultural center of either đô thị or the urban lakes & rural surroundings of this Midwestern paradise, bởi it your way with Minneapolis airport car rental from Hertz .
Driving in and around Minneapolis
Parking in Minneapolis
- Terminal 1 and the purple parking ramp at Terminal 2 (55111) provide short-term parking at Minneapolis Airport via the gold and red parking ramps.
- On-street parking is available at around 8,000 metered spots in the city. You can pay with coins or card via the MPLS Parking app.
- Gateway Ramp (55415) and Government Center Garage (55415) are useful parking lots and garages in downtown Minneapolis with some 1,300 spaces between them.
Key roads in Minneapolis
- Interstate 494 (I-494) is a 43-mile loop route along the south of Minneapolis and St Paul, with easy access from the airport.
- Interstate 35 (I-35) runs cross-country and splits into two as it reaches Minneapolis. I-35 W passes close to the airport and up through downtown Minneapolis, while I-35 E heads through the heart of St Paul before rejoining north of Lino Lakes.
- Interstate 94 (I-94) connects the Great Lakes and the Great Plains. From the east, it runs through St Paul and Minneapolis, heading to Fargo and North Dakota.
How to get from Minneapolis Airport to Downtown Minneapolis
The near 12 – mile drive from MSP Airport Khủng downtown Minneapolis takes around trăng tròn minutes, depending on lượng truy cập .
- Exit MSP Airport and head south on MN-5 W, merging on to I-494.
- Use Exit 2B on to MN-77 N and continue on Cedar Avenue for around five miles.
- Merge on to MN-55 W/Hiawatha Avenue.
- Take the slip road on to 3rd Street and follow it past the U.S. Bank Stadium as you arrive in Downtown.
How to get from Minneapolis Airport to Chicago
The drive from Minneapolis Khủng Chicago is 409 miles & takes between six và seven hours .
- Leave the Minneapolis Airport car rental center and head north on 34th Ave S, making a U-turn at E 75th St, and merge on to I-494 E.
- Follow I-494 E until you reach Exit 58B and merge on to the I-94 E.
- At the fork, keep right and continue on to I-39 S/I-90 E (toll road).
- Continue on I-90 E until the exit towards Armitage Ave. Merge on to I-90/I-94.
- Continue on I-90/I-94 until you reach W Ohio St and follow signs for Chicago city center.
A quick guide to Minneapolis
Where to stay in Minneapolis
1313 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403
This classic khách sạn, complete with indoor pool, spa chăm sóc sức khỏe và làm đẹp và fantastic bar & restaurant facilities, is around a twenty-minute drive from the Minneapolis Airport Car Rental desk. It’s situated amongst some of the city’s top cultural venues, such as the Minneapolis Institute of Art, the Walker Art Center, và Weisman Art Museum .
The Marquette Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
710 S Marquette Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Elegance is the name of the game at The Marquette Hotel. With a contemporary restaurant & in-house fitness center, it’s perfect for the business professional & tourist alike. A twenty minute drive from the airport with great access phệ the entertainment hub of downtown West, there’s plenty phệ explore in the surrounding area .
300 N Washington Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Hewing is a stylish, converted warehouse khách sạn, perfect for the visiting young couple. As well as offering a cozy rooftop bar & pool, they’re just a twenty minute car ride away from MSP. The surrounding Warehouse District & North Loop is a famously colorful area, with many trendy bars, restaurants và clubs phệ explore .
Where to eat in Minneapolis
4300 Bryant Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409
This snug & rustic eatery offers deliciously simple food without the fuss. Their seasonal thực đơn consists of six mix courses that rotate regularly bự provide guests with a fresh, innovative take on New American cuisine. Whether you’ll sample the seafood salad, stacked braised lamb or seasonal soups all depends on when you decide bự visit .
Spoon and Stable
211 N 1st St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
This converted carriage house houses a hip-yet-cozy dining room that offers the very best of French-Italian-inspired food. Their seasonal thực đơn features everything from oysters mập hearty tortellini và wagyu steak. For dessert, try delicate caramelized peaches và cream, or go all-out with their blackberry & chocolate gateau .
528 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Located north of the Mississippi River in Marcy-Holmes, the intimate surroundings perfectly suit the fine-dining thực đơn at Alma. Seasonal menus vary with a la carte & phối three-course ordering options, with dishes including the likes of duck liver bruschetta, octopus tempura và pan seared sturgeon .
What to see and do in Minneapolis
Minneapolis Institute of Art
2400 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404
Just a 15 – minute drive away from Minneapolis Airport & minutes from its surrounding khách sạn districts, the Minneapolis Institute of Art is trang chính béo kết thúc 90,000 international works of art. It’s an amazing place phệ explore world culture và you can walk through 20,000 years of history – from the ancient Arts of Africa all the way up Khủng more contemporary pieces .
The Mall of America
60 E Broadway, Bloomington, MN 55425
Just south of MSP Airport in the South Loop District is the Mall of America. As its name suggests, it’s the largest mua sắm mall in the country. Browse more than 500 stores, ride one of the rollercoasters in the Nickelodeon Universe theme park & say hello mập underwater creatures at the SEA LIFE Minnesota Aquarium – all without leaving the mall .
Mill City Museum
704 S 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401
Once the largest flour mill in the world on the banks of the Mississippi in downtown East, learn about Minneapolis ’ industrial history at Mill City Museum. It offers an exciting, interactive experience for all ages, with railroad cars, cooking demonstrations & interesting equipment on display. On weekends, there’s the bonus of a farmers ’ market in the train shed, with around 40 vendors selling coffee, donuts, jewelry và clothing .
Leave a Reply